Plugins > Plugin Management in the network admin dashboard is where a super admin user controls which default user plugins can be activated by admin users in Plugins in their dashboard and where plugins that need to be network activated are activated or deactivated.
Default User Plugins
You manage default user plugins as follows:
1. Go to Plugins > Plugin Management in the network admin dashboard.
2. Select All Users under Plugin Availability for any plugin you want your admin users to be able to activate.
- It is better to set plugins to All Users so your users can activate plugins they want to use rather than use Auto-Activate (All Users).
- Admin users don’t see plugins set to ‘Super admin user only’ in Plugins in their dashboard and the plugin can only be activated on the site by a super admin user.
3. Click Update Options at the bottom of the page.
For more information, refer to activating/deactivating plugins.
Network Activate Plugin
There are some plugins that need to be network activated to use. These are the plugins that have the Network Activate option in Plugins > Plugin Management in the network admin dashboard.