CampusPress is owned and operated by Incsub, LLC. The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern all use of the CampusPress Website and all related hosting services, which include WordPress installation and configuration, support, themes, plugins, website server space, and additional services (“Services”).
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of our Services, you agree to become bound by the Terms of this Agreement.
If you do not agree to all the Terms of this Agreement, then you may not access or use any of our Services. If these Terms are considered an offer by Incsub, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms.
Hosting & Service Level Agreement (SLA)
The following applies when using our managed hosting Services:
- By using our hosting Services, you grant us access to your website and database for the purpose of hosting and/or backing up your content.
- In order to address security vulnerabilities, we may push an upgrade to your site, or we may access your site to remove malicious code.
- We may scan your data and content to compile aggregated/anonymized statistics for our internal use to optimize the performance and security of the service.
- You grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to copy and store your data and content only to the extent necessary to operate the Service. You own your data and content.
- You acknowledge and agree that in the event of breaching our Terms, we reserve the right to delete your website without any prior notification or consent.
For sites that we host, our goal is an uptime of 100% – meaning all sites are available 24/7/365.
We know that sometimes this goal may not be achieved, and in those cases, the following Service Level Agreement (SLA) applies:
- We guarantee a 99.9% uptime SLA.
- Our SLA applies to any human errors by our team and by employees or contractors of any 3rd-party service providers that we use to supply the hosting service.
- Our SLA does not apply to any downtime that is out of our control, including problems resulting from 3rd-party code, user-error, or infrastructure failures from our architecture provider.
- Our SLA does not apply to any downtime that is beyond our control. This includes, but is not limited to, issues with third-party code, user errors, natural disasters, or infrastructure failures linked to our architecture provider.
Plugins & Themes
Automatic and manual code reviews are in place for all plugins and themes that are added to any site hosted by CampusPress. All plugins and themes must adhere to the WordPress Theme Guidelines and WordPress Coding Standards.
You can find detailed information about our code guidelines in our Developer guide.
Payments & Subscriptions
By using a CampusPress Service, you agree to pay the specified fees, which we will charge you for in regular intervals (such as monthly or annually), on a pre-pay basis until you cancel, which you can do at any time.
To ensure uninterrupted service, our Services are automatically renewed. This means that unless you cancel a Service before the end of the applicable subscription period, it will automatically renew, and you authorize us to invoice you or use any payment mechanism we have on record for you to collect the then-applicable subscription fee (as well as any taxes). Your Services are renewed for the same interval of time.
If you choose to cancel your subscription, it will remain active until the end of your current billing cycle.
If your payment fails or Services are otherwise not paid for on time, we may immediately cancel or revoke your access to the Services.
We reserve the right to refuse service or cancel your subscription and revoke access with a prorated refund for any reason we deem appropriate.
We may change our fees at any time. When applicable, we may give you advance notice of the fee changes. If you don’t agree with the fee changes, you can cancel your Service.
Regional payment information, preferences, and addresses can be found in our Payments & Billing documentation.
If you are experiencing a technical issue, before requesting a refund, let our support team help resolve the issue by submitting your request here.
Clients may terminate their contract at any time, for any reason, by contacting CampusPress and requesting the account cancellation.
As part of our commitment to client satisfaction, we offer a full 30-day money-back guarantee.
In the event of a cancellation, CampusPress will not refund amounts already billed for the current yearly service period in which the client has ended the agreement. Any amounts paid in advance by the client for future service terms following the current yearly service term will be promptly refunded within thirty (30) days.
If you contact your bank or credit card company to decline or reverse the charge of fees for paid Services, we will not provide a refund and we may revoke your access to our Services in general.
Refunds requested are issued at the discretion of our support staff. No refunds whatsoever will be given for scheduled subscription payments after 30 days, except in the rare case that it is due to billing errors on our end.
Refunds are available once per person or entity and will not apply if your account is in violation of these Terms.
Services not available for refunds: Custom development work, migrations, and site rebuilds.
We offer our Services ‘as is’, with no implied meaning that all Services will function exactly as you wish or with all 3rd-party components and plugins.
Unless otherwise agreed upon, all support is handled via email or Slack. We will triage all incoming support requests according to the levels listed below.
CampusPress will work to reply to all support requests at all levels, as quickly and completely as possible, and within the following response time guarantees:
- Level 1 – Critical: Complete inability to access or use the platform, both front and back ends, of the entire network. First reply within 30 minutes with updates every 30 minutes until resolution.
- Level 2 – High: Frontend is available and publicly accessible, but backend is such that updates to sites can’t be made, of the entire network. Or, one or more sites are completely unavailable, but not the entire network. First reply within 1 hour with updates every 1 hour until resolution.
- Level 3 – Medium: Partial or limited loss of non-essential functionality, but affecting all users. An example would be should files not be able to be uploaded by users. First reply within 4 hours with updates each day until resolution.
- Level 4 – Low: Inconvenience but not impacting general performance. An example would be one plugin or theme not working correctly, but otherwise the site is up and running without errors. First reply within 24 hours with updates every 48 hours until resolution.
You are solely responsible and liable for any activity that occurs under your username. You are also responsible for keeping your password secure and you must immediately notify CampusPress of any unauthorized uses of its sites, its account, or any other breaches of security.
We partner with 3rd-party service providers for data storage and housing of servers. The networks are hosted on multiple web and database servers for built in replication and redundancy.
CampusPress employs full time system administrators to work with the 3rd-party service providers to manage Host’s servers, accounts, and day-to-day needs.
We ensure that all 3rd-party service providers maintain the highest levels of security and reliability for client sites, along with on-site backup power generators and fire suppression technology, and the highest levels of third party certifications and accreditation.
Access to client data is restricted to trained employees and contractors CampusPress who are only provided access when needed for maintenance and support. We use Docker containers with Ansible to logically isolate each WordPress install from another.
All database, user uploads, and WordPress files are backed up once every 24 hours and stored via Amazon S3 service.
Backup files are encrypted in transfer and at rest. Backups are kept for at least seven (7) days and no more than thirty (30) days. Backups are verified and full disaster recovery restores tested on a bi-weekly basis.
Note that on-site subscription clients may assume full control over managing their backups, including the ability to initiate backups on a more regular basis than the standard 24-hour cycle.
Violations Of Network Security
CampusPress clients are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the network.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability in addition to immediate termination of your client agreement.
CampusPress will investigate incidents that may involve policy breaches and may work with law enforcement in cases where clients are involved in these breaches.
These violations include, without limitation:
- Accessing data not intended for the client or logging into a server or account that the client is not authorized to access.
- Attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization.
- Attempting to interfere with service to any client, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of overloading, “flooding,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing”.
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting.
- Taking any action in order to obtain Services to which the client is not entitled.
Users agree not to use the CampusPress Website or its Services to distribute, electronically transmit or display any materials (supplied by the client or through the client by a third party) which:
- Violate any state, federal or foreign laws or regulations;
- infringe on any intellectual property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights) of CampusPress or any third party;
- are defamatory, slanderous or trade libelous;
- are threatening or harassing;
- are discriminatory based on gender, race, age or promotes hate;
- contain viruses or other computer programming defects which result in damage to CampusPress, its property, or servers, or any 3rd-party.
By submitting your content to CampusPress for inclusion on a website, you grant us a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the content solely for the purpose of displaying, and distributing the website. These Terms do not give CampusPress any intellectual property or ownership of content.
Website Access & Content Management
You are granted permission to access and use the CampusPress Website based on the Services you avail from us. However, selling or distributing any part of its content, engaging in unauthorized commercial use, or employing data mining, robots, or similar data gathering, and extraction tools is not permitted. We reserve the right to revoke or suspend this permission at our sole discretion, without prior notice.
In filling out any forms on the Website, you are responsible for the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of the information submitted. You agree not to submit content that is unlawful, offensive, obscene, defamatory, or in violation of any third-party rights, including intellectual property rights. It is your responsibility to comply with all laws and regulations applicable, including those relating to data protection, privacy, intellectual property, electronic communications, and anti-spam legislation.
CampusPress reserves the right to update or modify the form fields and requirements on the Website without prior notice. We also reserve the right to remove or modify any content on the Website for reasons including, but not limited to, regulatory compliance or to maintain or improve the Website’s quality and intended usage.
Our Website may contain links to third-party websites over which we have no control. We make no representations or warranties about the accuracy or any other aspect of these third-party websites’ content and disclaim all liability related to it.
You acknowledge that all the Website’s content, including design, text, graphics, images, and their selection and arrangement, is the intellectual property of CampusPress, protected by international copyright laws. Unauthorized usage of these materials may violate copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws.
Liability, Disclaimers, and Miscellaneous Provisions
These Terms remain in effect while you use the CampusPress Website and/or Services. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and without notice or liability, to deny access to and use of the Website or Services at any time and for any reason. Reasons may include a breach of any representation, warranty, or covenant contained in these Terms or of any applicable law or regulation.
Except where applicable law says otherwise, this Agreement, and any access to or use of the CampusPress Website or Services, will be governed by the laws of Alabama, USA, excluding conflict of law provisions. Disputes arising out of or related to any of the same will be handled by state and federal courts located in Birmingham, Alabama.
These Terms, including any policies or operating rules posted by us on the Website, constitute the entire understanding between you and Incsub, LLC, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms operate to the fullest extent permissible by law. We may assign any or all of our rights and obligations to others at any time. We are not responsible or liable for any loss, damage, delay, or failure to act beyond our reasonable control. If any provision or part of these Terms is deemed unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision or part will be deemed severable from these Terms and will not affect the validity or enforceability of remaining provisions.
No joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between you and Incsub, LLC as a result of these Terms or use of the CampusPress Website or Services. You agree that these Terms won’t be construed against Incsub, LLC by virtue of having drafted them.
Updates To These Terms
Incsub, LLC reserves the right to update these Terms at any time. Changes will be notified by posting the new Terms on this page. You are advised to review these Terms periodically for any updates.
Further terms may apply if you enter into contracts/agreements with CampusPress. These additional terms supersede the Terms stated on this page. Please review and understand such contracts or agreements before signing.
Incsub, LLC is a registered corporation in Alabama, USA. Our mailing address is:
PO BOX 548 #88100
Birmingham, AL 35201
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.