For most customers, we manage all updates to WordPress core and our common plugins and themes. We push planned changes to test networks at least one week before moving to production. Unless it is an urgent security update, all changes take place during our weekly change window on Tuesdays.
>> Subscribe to receive email notifications of changelog updates here.
- Updates: Dec 13, 2022
- Branda: Upgrade – Version 3.4.8.
- Comment Indexer: Add – New DB column for use with Reader.
- Updates: Dec 6, 2022
- Live Shortcode: Fix – Accordion CSS issue.
- Join Multisite: Fix – Mobile view for blog templates.
- Advanced Network Settings: New – “network email sender” setting.
- Domain Mapping: Fix – A record info.
- PHP 8 Compatibility Improvements: Pollydaddy and Custom CSS (Improved Simpler CSS).
- Updates: Nov 28, 2022
- Advanced Custom Field Pro: upgraded to version 6.0.4
- Updates: Nov 1, 2022
- Admin Bar: Fix – custom roles not displaying in admin bar.
- Advanced Network Settings: New – option to force “link to media file”.
- File Block: Fix – embedded docs not showing in Safari.
- Accessible Social Share (Scriptless Social Sharing): Upgrade – version 3.2.1.
Crowdsignal Polls & Ratings: Upgrade – version 3.0.9.
- Twenty Ten: Fix – comment display issue.
- Avocation: Upgrade – version 2.1.2.
- Garfunkel: Upgrade – version 2.1.1.
- Wilson: Upgrade – version 2.1.2.
- Yoko: Upgrade – version 1.2.5.
- Updates: October 25, 2022
- Admin Messages: Fix – JS error with Divi.
- PHP 8 Compatibility Improvements: Network Messages, Blog Categories, New Site Template, Classes, Reader, Wiki, Accessible Content, Super Admin Exports, Slide-In, Cloner, Dogo Content Widget, Infinite SEO, WP Mega Menu, Blog Importer, Edit Flow and Improved Simpler CSS (Custom CSS).
- Print My Blog: Removal – no longer passes code review.
- PHP 8 Compatibility Improvements: Kubrick, P2, Edublogs Premium Homepage, Temptation, Garland, Ari, Mystique and Fashionistas.
- Tortuga: Upgrade – version 2.3.7.
- Manduca: Upgrade – version 22.9.
- WordPress Core Security Update – 6.0.3
As of October 19, 2022, all AWS sites have been updated to version 6.0.3 which includes all security patches and updates discussed here.
- Updates: October 18, 2022
- PHP 8 Compatibility Improvements: Batch Create, Lean CAPTCHA and Subscribe by Email.
- Formidable: Fix – CSS issues when site is password protected.
- Beehive: Upgrade – version 3.4.1.
- Divi Builder: Upgrade – version 4.18.0.
- Divi: Upgrade – version 4.18.0.
- Extra: Upgrade – version 4.18.0.
- Updates: September 20, 2022
- A to Z List: Accessibility improvements.
- Calendar+: Add option to display past events in Event list block. Fix with Divi Builder styles overriding Calendar+ styles when Divi Builder used on a site.
- Co Blocks: Fix bug related to new UI to build service blocks which caused extra empty block to be displayed on the frontend.
- Infinite SEO: fix issue with saving settings in network admin.
- Media Tree: Accessibility improvements.
- Polylang: Updated from 2.7.4 to 3.2.5.
- Signup & Invites: Add option to send email notification to user if their new site is created using Signup form.
- Simple SEO: Add option to set specific pages to “No Index”.
- Tips: Move from mu-plugins to regular plugins (reactivation needed).
- CampusPress Flex: Fix issue with content duplicating in footer section when reusable block is used. Fix issue with Calendar + categories being displayed together without spaces or commas on the event page.
- GeneratePress: Upgrade to version 3.1.3.
- Manta: Accessibility improvements.
- WordPress Core Security Update – 6.0.2
As of September 1, 2022, all AWS sites have been updated to version 6.0.2 which includes all security patches and updates discussed here.
- Updates: August 11, 2022
- MetaSlider: upgraded to 3.27.8 to fix compatibility with other block library plugins.
- Updates: August 9, 2022
- Divi Builder: upgraded to 4.17.6
- Calendar Plus: added option to show past events, excerpt and location in block
- Manta: Keyboard accessibility improvements
- CampusPress Flex: Directory improvements, fixed typos
- Divi: upgraded to 4.17.6
- Extra: upgraded to 4.17.6
- Updates: July 26, 2022
Mega Menu: upgraded to 1.4.2
- Scroll To Top: upgraded to 2.0.7
- HubSpot: upgraded to 8.13.58
- Print, PDF & Email by PrintFriendly: upgraded to 5.2.4
- Divi Builder: upgraded to 4.17.4
- CoBlocks: upgraded to 2.24.2
- Formidable Forms: upgraded to 5.4
- Magazine Basic: upgraded to 3.0.8
- Divi: upgraded to 4.17.4
- Extra: upgraded to 4.17.4
- WordPress Core Update – 6.0
WordPress core will be updated to 6.0 starting July 4, 2022. Clients on dedicated clusters will be contacted to schedule this upgrade.
This version of WordPress supports full site editing for themes that support this functionality.
This update is already live on all test and sandbox networks for customers with development environments, except for clients on dedicated clusters who have requested the upgrade be scheduled. This release has been fully tested on our CampusPress common bundled plugins and themes.
Clients with plugins and themes outside of our CampusPress common bundled plugins and themes should test them on their test and sandbox networks.
- AddThis social share
- Deep Blue
- Updates: June 14, 2022
- Calendar+: Fix issue with multi-day event displaying in 2 months in the Calendar+ Calendar widget.
- Crowdsignal: Fix issue with the “Save Changes” button not displaying in the Advanced Settings section of Ratings settings due to WordPress CSS styles.
- Divi Blog Extra: Moved from mu-plugins to plugins. It will be activated upon usage detection
- Divi Breadcrumbs: Moved from mu-plugins to plugins. It will be activated upon usage detection
- Formidable reCAPTCHA: Fix issue with restrictions on file upload.
- My Class Improvements:
The student admin bar changed to only link to their student site. The teacher admin bar changed to link to the class sites with a link to My Class > Student blogs and only lists links to blogs not attached to My Class. Teacher’s Dashboard > My Sites only list blogs that aren’t attached to My Class. Student blogs listed in My Class > Student blog of the class blog only.
- Last modified date option added to Settings > Classes in network admin. When this option is selected the date post/page on a student blog was last modified will be display at the top of the post/page.
- Updates: May 10, 2022
- A-Z lists: Accessibility improvements.
- Cloner: Disable copying the LTI integration options if the LMS Integration plugin is activated and configured on a site when the site is copied.
- Messages: Fixed possible compatibility issues with themes.
- Site Template: Disable copying the LTI integration options if the LMS Integration plugin is activated and configured on a template site when the template is applied.
- WPMU DEV Video Tutorial: Upgraded from 1.5.5 to 1.8.9
- CampusPress Flex: block editor styling bug fix, directory functionality improvement, and slide in menu improvement.