For most customers, we manage all updates to WordPress core and our common plugins and themes. We push planned changes to test networks at least one week before moving to production. Unless it is an urgent security update, all changes take place during our weekly change window on Tuesdays.
>> Subscribe to receive email notifications of changelog updates here.
- Updates: May 10, 2022
- A-Z lists: Accessibility improvements.
- Cloner: Disable copying the LTI integration options if the LMS Integration plugin is activated and configured on a site when the site is copied.
- Messages: Fixed possible compatibility issues with themes.
- Site Template: Disable copying the LTI integration options if the LMS Integration plugin is activated and configured on a template site when the template is applied.
- WPMU DEV Video Tutorial: Upgraded from 1.5.5 to 1.8.9
- CampusPress Flex: block editor styling bug fix, directory functionality improvement, and slide in menu improvement.
- Updates: March 29, 2022
- Advanced Custom Field Pro: Upgraded from 5.11.4 to 5.12.
- Kaltura Media Space: Upgraded from 2.7 to 2.9.
- Lightbox for Images: Make transition more subtle when used in slideshow or gallery. Previously had spinning image between each transition.
- Live Shortcode: Remove Live Shortcode block in block editor widget area if Live Shortcode plugin activated.
- Stargazer: Fix issue with navigation menu on computer and mobile devices.
- Updates: March 22, 2022
Formidable Forms: changed reCAPTCHA protection so automatic V3 integration is disabled when V2 has been configured for form.
- CampusPress Flex:
- Fixed issue with dropdown getting out of the window.
- Fixed UI issues in Customizer.
- Enabled default images for all hero options.
- Updates: March 1, 2022
- Avatars: Add support for default WP filters inside our custom “get_avatar” function.
- Shibboleth: Fix for potential logout issues and improvements to handling “redirect_to” parameter.
- Sign up and Invites: Add random alphanumeric to the end of invite links. Change only applies to new invite links and code created after the plugin is updated.
- SSL Compatibility: Change force SSL from 302 redirection to 301.
- Fix support for subtitles if video uploaded to site.
- Updates: Feb 15, 2022
- Audit Log: Added option to track site mapping deactivation into Dashboard > Audit Logs in network admin to enable super admin users to check who deactivated domain mapping on a site.
- Jetpack: Upgrade from 10.4 to 10.6.
- Post Expirator: Fix for depreciated jQuery function.
- Reports & Batch Edit: Fix issue indexing using date range if an ID range isn’t added.
Sign up and Invites: Add random alphanumeric to the end of invite links. Change only applies to new invite links and code created after the plugin is updated.
The following two new plugins have been added to Plugins > Plugin Management in network admin and are set to super admin users only can activate. Change to all users if you want your users to be able to activate on their sites.
- Page Links To plugin: Allows you to point WordPress pages or posts to a URL of your choosing. Good for setting up navigational links to non-WP sections of your site or to off-site resources. Added to Plugins > Plugin Management in network admin and is set to super admin users only can activate. Change to all users if you want your users to be able to use.
- Role and Capabilities plugin: Used to manage roles and capibilities of users on a site.
- Updates: Feb 8, 2022
- Batch Create: Reduce the amount of information added to the logs so it provides more meaningful information.
- Content monitor: Change of text in Settings > Content monitor in network admin to provide better explanation of how used and text changed in email sent to say “The following post has been flagged as possibly containing a banned word:”
- Live shortcode: Fix issue with Live Shortcode Preview in block editor due to compatiblity with WordPress 5.8.3.
- Reports & Batch Edits: Option to index by site ID range has been added to Reports & Batch Edits. Designed for use on larger CampusPress networks to allow super admins to index by a site ID range rather than date range.
- Review Notifications: Changed to trigger an email if any one is able to create posts saves a draft post or submit posts as pending. Adjusted for group sites so that notifications are sent regardless of an individual’s access level. Previously only sent email notification for contributors who submitted posts as pending.
- Sign up and Invites: Fix issue with the sign up form when you open the modal pop up wiht the “Log in” button, close the pop up and then click “Create your site” again the popup doesn’t appear the second time.
- Simply Snow: Plugin is being depreciated. You will no longer see the plugin listed in Plugin Management. The plugin will remain activated on sites that have it enabled and if you need it deactivated on a site you need to email email@example.com.
- Search Filter: Simple search and filter plugin added to Plugins > Plugin Management in network admin and is set to super admin users only can activate. Change to all users if you want your users to be able to use.
- Updates: Jan 25, 2022
- Cloner: Changed cloning screen to an overlay that doesn’t show the media file names and site elements as the site is being cloned. Now shows a progress bar with the following message “We’re setting up your new website. This process can take several minutes. Please keep this browser tab open until your new site has been completely set up.”
- Default theme: Change Default theme setting in Settings > Network Settings to display the theme name instead of theme folder name.
- Live Shortcode plugin: jQuery fix.
- Metaslider: Upgrade from 3.18.0 to 3.24.0.
- My Class: Add option for a teacher to be notified by email in My Class > Settings when a request to join a class is made using My Class > Join Class.
- RSS Featured Image: added support post thumbnail image so featured image displays better in Outlook if RSS feed is used for Mailchimp subscription.
- Site Template: Changed new site template screen to an overlay that doesn’t show the media file names and site elements as the site is being created. Now shows a progress bar with the following message “We’re setting up your new website. This process can take several minutes. Please keep this browser tab open until your new site has been completely set up.”
- Updates: Jan 18, 2022
- Google Calendar (using Simple Calendar plugin): Fixes issue with drop down menu not working in Google Calendar Widget when added using the new block editor widget interface. Simple Calendar widget renamed to Google Calendar widget.
- Jetpack: Upgrade from 9.6.1 to 10.4.
- Privacy: Bug fix for username and password field loading on password protected sites after WordPress upgrade so now only the password field option loads.
- CampusPress Flex: Fixed possible issues on main site admin area and added some improvements to directory functionality.
- WordPress Core Security Update – 5.8.3
As of January 7, 2022 all non-dedicated AWS sites have been updated to version 5.8.3 which includes all security patches and updates discussed here.
- WordPress Core Update – 5.8.2
WordPress core will be updated to 5.8.2 from January 4, 2022. Customers on dedicated clusters will be contacted to schedule this upgrade.
This version of WordPress uses the block editor in the widgets screen. The new block editor in the widgets screen is only enabled for those using the block editor. The Classic Widgets plugin has been added and those using the classic editor will retain the classic widget interface.
This update is already live on all test and sandbox networks for customers with development environments, except for customers on dedicated clusters. This release has been fully tested on our CampusPress common bundled plugins and themes.
- Updates: Dec 14, 2021
- Branding: Improved clearing of favicon cache but the favicon can still be cached in your browser.
- My Class: Option added to Settings > Classes to hide privacy options on My Class page from teachers. This option is used if Block access is selected in Settings > Privacy in network admin dashboard.
- Review notification: Added block editor support.
- Updates: Nov 2, 2021
- Advanced Custom Field Pro: Upgrade from 5.9.5 to 5.10.2.
- Cloner and New Site Template: performance improvement for better support of the cloning of custom menus that have a large number of menu items.
The following plugins are being depreciated and will be deactivated:
- Global Site Categories: adds global tag cloud on your main site.
- Global Site Search: adds global search to your main site.
- Global Site Tags: adds global tag cloud on your main site.
- Updates: Oct 12, 2021
Batch create: Add message if batch create stops to alert super admin to restart process. Improve logs to make more meaningful.
- Blogger Importer: fix issue with importer error “There was a problem importing your content.”
- Multisite theme manager: fix showcase issue.
- Network Messages: fix issue with network messages not displaying properly in block editor.
- Blaskan: comments not rendering properly on theme. Theme patched to fix comment issue.
- Suits: upgrade from version 1.0 to 1.5.2.
- Updates: Sept 28, 2021
- Join Multisite: Accessibility improvements.
- Reports and Batch Edit: fix issue with site not being included in the site list report of the theme on the site is blank or broken.
- Tips: Fix issue with Tip content would append a backslash “\” when saved words with an apostrophe.
- Updates: Sept 14, 2021
- Divi Builder: updated from 4.9.6 to 4.10.5
- Divi: updated from 4.9.6 to 4.10.5
- Extra: updated from 4.9.6 to 4.10.5