Published Updates: November 26, 2019:
- Plugins Updates:
- Join Multisite: changed from “blogs” terminology to “sites”.
- Google Analytics Plus: updated to version 3.2.1 known as “Beehive”.
- Author Widget: Fixed users post check.
- Subscribe By Email: disabled ability to hide unsubscribe link and improved notice about subscriber count limit.
- Divi Builder: updated to 4.0.3.
- Jetpack: updated to 7.9.1
- Themes Updates:
- Extra: updated to 4.0.3.
- Divi: updated to 4.0.3.
- WP Updates:
- Additional File Types – Added support for: JNB, TWBX and KML.
Upcoming Updates: December 10, 2019:
- Plugins Updates:
- Support Admin: security improvements.
- Author Widget: added option to list authors in drop-down.
- Classes: grouped class blogs in “My Sites” admin bar menu item.
- Advanced Settings: added ability to change default post order for selected post types.
- Join Multisite: fixed validation for “Site URL” so hyphens are allowed.
- Shibboleth: improved UX and added manual blog creation eligibility.
- Simple Tips: fixed compatibility issues with Divi.
- Calendar Plus: fixed possible iCal import issue related to time zone setting.
Additional details for Published Updates:
- Google Analytics Plus
If “API Project” has been configured, it will require tweaks in Google Console. Old API is being deprecated by Google and its very likely that new one is not enabled. This means project now need to have “Google Analytics API” and “Google People API” enabled for it to continue working correctly. The process of enabling required APIs is explained here (starting from “Enable the Google Analytics API”).
This also means that it is very likely that users will need to re-authenticate with google inside WP admin area.
Please keep in mind that it is only related to stats access inside dashboard and it won’t impact stats collection.