On December 11th, we will start upgrading all networks to WordPress 4.1.
We’ve done extensive testing and don’t expect any issues at all. Should you require the upgrade be during a specific date and time window, please let us know at email@example.com as soon as possible.
There will be no expected downtime during the upgrade.
This update will include:
- Improved visual editor tools – faster, better mobile experience, accessibility improvements, and more.
- Better embed experience – the editor will show a true preview of embeds. More services can be embedded with just a link, including YouTube playlists, Animoto, Mixcloud and more.
- Image editing – crop, rotation, and scale tools have been improved.
- Audio and video playlists, works much like image galleries.
- Theme customizer – header and background images will no longer have their own menu item, they can easily be changed and previewed live in the “Customize” link. Also, widgets can now be added, edited, and rearranged in the customizer as well.
- Media library – now displays thumbnails of images in an endless grid.
- Distraction free mode – will hide all of the menu options and make for a cleaner post writing experience.
- Twenty Fifteen Theme – the latest WordPress default theme. Clean, mobile friendly, accessible, and simple.
- Login Logo – if you were still using the Edublogs logo on the login page, it will be changed to the WordPress logo. You can update to your school’s logo, if you wish in the Network Admin Branding menu item.
- Overall improvements – there are thousands of small bug fixes and code improvements leading to a smoother dashboard.
As always, please let us know about any questions you may have.