- Updates: July 21, 2020
WordPress Core Updates:
This includes updating all sites and networks to WordPress core version 5.4.2.
Changes that end-users may notice are minimal, and highlights are all related to the block editor, including:
- two new blocks (Social Icons and Buttons)
- improvements to the performance of the block editor
- better keyboard navigation of the block editor
This core update was originally made available on March 31st, but we felt best to minimize updates and changes for our customers during the months of April and May of this year. On a related note, WordPress 5.5 is currently in Beta and due out in August, and we will be applying the 5.5 and future updates at a more rapid pace – with a goal of less than 4 weeks after the official launch. All security patches and updates have continued to be made in less than 24 hours of release.
- Updates: July 14, 2020
- Google Tag Manager: Updated from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3.
- Formidable: Updated from 4.02.01 to 4.05.01.
- Advanced Custom Fields: Updated from 5.8.7 to 5.8.12.
- Content Update Notification: Added block editor support to fix missing user name in update notification email if post/page edited or published using the block editor.
- Updates: June 30, 2020
- Formidable reCAPTCHA: Improved the way reCAPTCHA integrates which should fix issues with long forms.
- Live Shortcodes:
- Fixed issue with quotes in title of accordion and toggle.
- Fixed possible preview issue.
- Duplicate Posts:
- Updated to version 3.2.4.
- Improved compatibility with “Subscribe By Email”.
- Blogs & Users, Batch Create, Signup TOS, Network Scripts: Replace word “blog” with “site”.
- My Class: Added limits to number of student users and sites that can be added at the same time. Teacher user limited to 4 student blogs per batch in My Class > Create Student blogs and 10 student users per batch in My Class > Create Student Users. Restriction don’t apply to super admin users.
- Site & User Creator (formerly called Blog & User Creator) – user interface updated to similar appearance to My Class interface.
- Updates: June 16, 2020
- Subscribe By Email: Fixed possible time change on weekly digest.
- Sitemap: Added support for public custom post types.
- New Blog Templates: Improved compatibility with 3rd party plugins.
- Disabled auto approval of author’s comment when moderation is enabled.
- Fixed issue related to saving users as teachers.
- Join Multisite:
- Added option to force redirection from “wp-signup.php” to Join Multisite form.
- Added ability to limit number of sites registered by user.
- Fixed security issues.
- Updates: May 19, 2020
- Calendar Plus: updated to 220.127.116.11 (“calendarp_event_shortcode_content” filter added).
- Cloner: Improved compatibility with 3rd party plugins.
- Network Messages: Fixed compatibility with the “My Class” tool.
- Avatar: Added link to changing avatar from the “Edit Profile” page.
- Simple SEO: Canonical tag support added.
- Deprecated the YouTube Related Videos plugin as this functionality is no longer possible in YouTube.