Users in the Network Admin dashboard is used by the Super Admin user to manage existing users.
The most common reasons why a super admin uses Users > All Users are to:
- Manually reset a password or change an email address attached to a username.
- Confirm the username attached to an email address.
- Identify blogs attached to a username.
- Grant a super admin privileges to a user.
You locate the user as follows:
1. Go to the Network Admin dashboard.
2. Locate the user by searching the person’s username or email address using ‘Search User‘ on the Right Now module.
- If you are unsure of the exact spelling of a username you can add an asterisk to the end of your search term to locate all usernames that include the search term.
You have a range of options once the required user is located:
Mark as Spam
Used when you find a spam user but aren’t completely sure they are a spammer so you mark them as spam.
You can mark it as “not spam” if it turns out to be legit. When you spam a username it spams all blogs attached to that username.
When you click on the Edit action link it takes you to the Edit User panel for that user where you can view and edit the users details.
You use the Edit User page to edit features like:
- Enabling and disabling the Admin Bar
- Change the display name of a user
- Grant a user super admin privileges for the Network
- Change the email address attached to a username
- Manually reset the password of a user
Below are the main areas on the Edit user page you use as a super admin user:
Grant user super admin privileges
Used to grant a user super admin privileges on your network. Remember to use caution when deciding who to grant super admin privileges to as mistakes made by a Super Admin user can have a significant impact on your network.
Change Display name
The display name is displayed on all posts and comments a user publishes if they have set a display name. For example, my username is suewaters and my display name is Sue Waters. When I log into my account I log in as suewaters and the name Sue Waters is displayed on any posts or comment I publish.
It is easier to set up a display name than to change a username.
Change email address
The email address associated with a username is used for password resets and for comment notification emails. Comment moderation emails are sent to the blog admin address listed in Settings > General.
You use this to reset a user’s password as follows:
1. Click on Generate Password.
5. The password reset window loads with an automatically generated password.
You can either use this automatically generated password or replace it with your own password.
The automatically generated password from above has been replaced with own password in the example below.
- If the password is too weak you will be asked to confirm the use of weak password.
- Using a combination of letters, numbers and symbols makes it hard for others to guess your password.
- The strength indicator provides an indication of how good your password choice is!
4. Click Update User.
Managing users in the site admin dashboard
You can also use Users > All Users in the dashboard of a blog to: