In order to ensure the reliability of our service, we’ve implemented a change management policy that we follow for all updates, upgrades, and code changes.
Scheduled Maintenance Window
We will perform all WordPress core, plugin and theme updates, general improvements, and server maintenance during the following weekly window:
US and Canada Data Centers
Primary Updates – Tuesdays from 3am – 6am EST (11am – 2pm GST)
Secondary Updates – Thursdays from 3am – 6am EST (11am – 2pm GST)
UK Data Center
Primary Updates – Tuesdays from 8pm to 11pm GST (11am – 2pm EST)
Secondary Updates – Thursdays from 8pm to 11pm GST (11am – 2pm EST)
*The secondary update window will only be used when Tuesday is a major public holiday.
QA and Testing Process
All changes will be thoroughly tested by our developers and quality assurance team as follows:
- Tested fully in local testing environment by technical team
- Automated and unit testing in multiple development environments
- Manual testing by QA team in multiple development environments
- Full deployment to small subset of live networks and all development/test networks that willingly participate in beta testing program on the Thursday before the next regular ‘Primary Updates’ window
- Final manual code and performance review by technical team leadership
- Notification of planned changes on status.campuspress.com on Friday before the next regular update
- Full deployment to all customers during next regular ‘Primary Updates’ window (Tuesday)
- Continuous monitoring by technical and support teams
Customer Development Environments
For those customers with custom themes or plugins that subscribe to higher packages, a development environment can be provided to assist with testing. Please contact us to learn more.