The following updates have been made to all CampusPress networks:
WordPress Core Upgrade:
All CampusPress networks are now running 4.7.1. You can read about this update here.
This includes updates from WordPress 4.7 as well, where the most noticeable differences for users include:
- An improved UI to how links are inserted in the post editor.
- The ‘underline’ option has been removed from the visual editor. This change was made for enhanced accessibility and usability of sites, as visitors often assume underlined words are links. The keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl + ‘U’ on a PC) will still work.
- The ‘justify’ option has been removed from the visual editor. This change was made to ensure readability in all browser. The keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl + ‘J’ on a PC) will still work.
- A ‘Custom CSS’ option has been added to an improved theme ‘Customizer’
General Plugin Updates:
- Live Shortcode plugin – small styling compatibility fix for Divi Builder.
- Polylang plugin – added a configuration message.
- Category posts in Custom menu – WordPress compatibility fix.
- Stargrazer – CSS compatibility fix.
- Classes – general improvements including adding a progress bar to My Class > Settings.
- Network Messages – HTML type support improvements.
- MS files – bug fix.
General Theme Updates:
- Baskervile – theme bug update.
- Fashionista – theme performance update.
- While – Remove Redux Framework.
- Ignite – improvement.
- Eighties – fix comment date.